Monday, August 4, 2008

The days are long...

Hello all- Jennifer here. I know most of you have heard the phrase- "the days are long but the years are short". This is so true if you have children. Sometimes it seems as if the day will never end and then one day I turn around and my baby is celebrating her 4th birthday! Well, I have struggled a lot this summer with keeping my two older kidlets busy while trying to maintain somewhat of a nap schedule for our newborn. Not an easy task!
Below is one of the art projects we completed this summer. It is a fun calendar to help us keep up with what day it is, what the weather is supposed to be like and any special events we have going on. My kidlets both love getting up in the morning and changing the day and posting what they would like to do that day under special events. It also serves as a visual reminder for them of how much summer we have left and that the first day of school is just around the corner (yep there's that -the years are short- thing again, my oldest starts kindergarten this year, ugh!)















Let us know what fun art projects you do with your kids, just post them in our comments section.

Take care and we hope to see you at the store soon!

No comments: