Sunday, January 18, 2009

Paper paper everywhere!

Hello, Jennifer here! Well we are talking about organization this month. That is always a challenge for us scrapbookers/crafters. I know that most of us have the best intentions to buy only the paper we need for our projects/pages, but if you are anything like me you can never pass up a pretty piece of paper. The buying of the paper keeps on and on and now, like me, you are an avid paper collector. So you are faced with the challenge of how to organize all that pretty paper. The system I use is the vertical paper storage from Cropper Hopper (pictured below)






I have 4 sets of the vertical storage. I organize my all my cardstock in one, by color. In the other two I have separated my papers by boy and girl themes. In my 4th storage unit I have categories like holidays paper, Halloween paper, 4th of July and back to school, etc. I also have one accordion paper file that I keep my "collections" paper in (ie Basic Grey or Cosmo Cricket). If I have paper sets that have specific embellishments that I bought to go along I use the paper pouches from Cropper Hopper to keep it all together, these also fit into the vertical units.

There is no one way that is right for everyone, but the cropper hopper system is fast and really easy to get set up. I am very visual and need to see (or be reminded) what I have so I avoid buying duplicates and so I remember to use all the cute paper I just could not live without :) The cropper hopper system really allows me to easily see all my paper at one glance. This system works for me now but keep in mind that your organizational needs will keep changing and you may have to re-evaluate every so often. I mean who knew two years ago we would need containers to hold chipboard?? So be flexible and do what works for you and if you are stuck and don't know where to start our staff would love to help you out! Hope to see you in the store soon.

Take care!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm just starting out with scrapbooking and already it is an organizational nightmare. I'm also like you and I need to see it. I think I need to check out this system. Thanks for posting about it.

Unknown said...

I've been using the cropper hopper vertical system for a few years and its worked out great. You can store A LOT of paper in a small space, and its super easy to flip through the sheets to see what you have. I love it!