Sunday, May 3, 2009

Teacher/Dad and Grad Project of the Week



OK, so I promised great gift ideas for teachers, dads and grads and here is the first one.
This one is, of course, for Joey's teacher but can easily be modified for dads and grads.


To get started you will need: The Bare Elements Ferdie Clip, 1 patterned paper, 2 coordinating cardstocks, acrylic paint dauber, PPA or Modge Podge, a brayer, ribbon, and letters.

  1. Start by painting your clip and letting the paint dry, making sure to paint around the corners for better coverage.
  2. I wanted to see some of the blue so I cut my patterned paper about 1-9/16 by 9 1/4
  3. I used PPA (perfect paper adhesive) as my adhesive and as a lacquer finish. To get my paper nice and flat I also used a brayer to get out all of the air and create a well finished look.
  4. I used blossom Quickutz to cut out the word "notes" in yellow
  5. for the "Mrs." nameplate, cut chipboard 1 1/2 by 3 inches and cover both sides with cardstock, sand the edges and distress with ink. I cut "Mrs." in the other color of cardstock and adhered with PPA
  6. Lastly cut the name out of cardstock and use PPA to adhere.
  7. When you are completely finished you can add a sealing coat of PPA to your project to ensure that no corners pop up and you project can be enjoyed for a long time to come.
  8. Lastly I added ribbon to the "Mrs." nameplate.

I am actually pretty excited about my project and even more excited that I have one of my teacher gifts done!!!

No comments: